Updated HDEC Terms of Reference now available
As of December 2022, we have updated the HDEC terms of reference. This forms part of the longer-term project of modernising and reforming the HDECs.
The changes that we are implementing currently through updates to the Terms of Reference are:
- increased member daily rate
- embedding Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- refining member categories – clarification for lay membership and introducing Deputy Chairperson roles
- refining member responsibilities
- adding training requirements
- extending HDEC membership term length to 5 years.